Families OverComing Under Stress (FOCUS) is a resiliency training program, grounded in three well-established interventions, for families with children and couples facing adversity and traumatic stress across a variety of situations. FOCUS is a short-term intervention delivered in six to eight sessions. Some sessions are for the parents, some for the children, and others are for the entire family. FOCUS Family Resilience Training allows families to build their own story about their life experiences. This helps families to:
- Identify, manage, and discuss emotions
- Clarify misunderstandings and respect individual points of view
- Build on family strengths
- Feel closer and more supported
- Use family-level problem solving and goal setting to empower the entire family
Although FOCUS is structured to ensure that each family learns the program’s core skills, the intervention can be customized to meet the needs of each individual family in a way that will allow them to achieve their unique goals.
Find a FOCUS Provider near you